Saturday, March 2, 2013

"Fat-bottomed girls will be riding today, so look out for those beauties oh yeah..."

“I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like!” - Freddie Mercury

This week is the bike clinic.  I’m feeling super terrific awesome about this for a couple of reasons, here they are:

1.  I’ve been out on my bike a few times since it became my bike, and I love it.  It’s got a comfy seat, and I can ride 8 miles without getting sore. My bike is also a tank.  It weighs a ton, and I know I’m going to get looks this weekend when the Tri Club is all together looking spiffy and ready to roll.  I nicknamed it “The Warthog, after one of my favorite vehicles from "Twisted Metal"


2. I bought a bunch of gear for it last weekend.  Have I mentioned before how this sport is all about shopping? I have a wrench, some little metal thingies, an extra tube, a bag, a cage for my water bottle, a water bottle and gel gloves so my hands are as cushy as my tushie.

3.  I’ve been hustling my BUNS off (literally and figuratively) in spin class.  I always thought these classes looked stupid when I’d go past them at the gym - but they are FUN and you work up a wicked sweat in 30 speedy minutes. 10+ miles in under 30 minutes with changing intensity to mimic hills is hard but not too hard.


UPDATE: The clinic went well. The Warthog got some strange looks, and that was okay. The only foreseeable problem is that my bike doesn't have quick-release wheels, so it makes changing tires a BFD. I'm going to take it by Mike's Bikes to see about swapping those puppies out.

No comments:

Post a Comment